2019 Induction day is on the 27th June
The video below was made by several Year 7 students. It shows a typical day at Kenilworth School.
The video follows a student through the day starting with an assembly, followed by lessons, break times, lunchtimes and after school activities.
It is an excellent way for any child who may be coming to Kenilworth School to get a flavour of what it is like to be part of our community.
Kenilworth School Final from Kenilworth School on Vimeo.
The move from Primary to Secondary School can be quite a daunting experience for some. Therefore our aim is to make this move as smooth as possible.
Ways in which we do this are:
- The Head of Year 7 and SENCO visit all main feeder schools to talk to the students and the Year 6 teachers. We gather a detailed profile of every student and can provide instant answers to questions students may have.
- Providing a fully structured induction day in the summer term, to allow students to familiarise themselves with the school, meet their tutors and sample a variety of new subjects. The following evening, parents are invited to school to meet the Headteacher, Head of Year and the Year 7 tutors.
- In addition, many are invited to attend a variety of summer school activities, including literacy and numeracy.
- Year 5s are invited to watch the summer school performances. In the past students have watched We Will Rock You, Grease, Oliver and Bugsy Malone.
- Primary pupils have been invited to take part in workshops where they have been taught by our Year 9 and 10 Learning Ambassadors.
As a result of all of this, students arrive in September with confidence, ready to engage and learn.
List of Primary Feeder Schools:
- Park Hill Junior School
- St John’s Primary School
- All Saints’ C of E Primary School
- Clinton Primary School
- Priors Field Primary School
- St Augustine’s R C Primary School
- St Nicholas’ C of E Primary School
- Burton Green Primary School
We have compiled pages from our website and documents that may be of interest to parents and guardians of students at Kenilworth School.